21 December 2013

Is it a Plane? Is it a bird? No.... its super Mini Peeps!!

Every now and then I come across a project and I think YES! This is a great idea!

And at the moment I have a lot of little peeps in my life so when I came across these great capes by Hideous!Dreadful!Stinky! I just knew I had to make some.

So I thought about the design and got all my material sorted and thought - ok now I have plenty of time before the Mothers group xmas party.
So as usual I sewed in plenty of time and had them all ready waiting to go a week before the party!!! 

I know! I know! Im clutching my sides with laughter too.....Hilarious aren't I?

As usual I left it to the last minute! I didn't get to bed until 2:30am the night before the party! 
But all the same I really enjoyed making them and I hope all the kids enjoy playing with them,
It feels like every three year old becomes obsessed with super heros -  a toddler rite of passage!!


Miss L's Mothers group wearing their capes

I used a combination of this tutorial by Marigold from Hideous!Dreadful!Stinky! and this tutorial by Lara from How Does She. These are both great tutorials so I won't go and rewrite a new one for you.
I just played around with the measurements  until I had something that suited my needs and used the plate tracing technique described by the How Does She tutorial.

I used satin and felt as I thought that the shininess of the stain was like a superhero suit and the felt doesn't fray so I was able to sew around without fear of the monogram fraying and falling off. Also the shiny vs the fluffy is a nice contrast and tactile for the kids!

This is the first time I had been back at the sewing machine for longer than 12 months, and I forgot how much I enjoyed creating and sewing! Even if it was very late by the time I had finished!! Its reignited my sewing bug - Which is great as I have a whole box of unfinished projects that need to be finished! And a big list of ones that need to be started!
One of Miss L's besties wearing his cape.



Do you have a little peep in your life? If so you should give these capes a go!

Peas out

Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment